We all want to be happy and feeling the best at all times in our lives. But there are gloomy days and difficult times which we all see every now and then. For example like me right now I got COVID and I feel exhausted and super frustrated. But that doesn’t mean I stop being happy. Here in this article I am sharing 3 tips that I am following and doing every day.
Be grateful for things that you currently have and things you can do
This is the best part as it is easy and takes about a minute. Sometimes I think about these over and over and count as many possible and some days I just lay down and enjoy these moments. It’s best if you have the strength to write then you must write it because writing brings more focus and creates less distractions.
- I am thankful for my family who are supporting me and caring for me
- I am thankful that I took a break from the inhuman working schedules
- I am grateful to YouTube content creators for putting good stuff for me to listen
- I am grateful for Reiki and the healing
Be sure to write a few words of appreciation and thanks for people around you
Our moods lift when someone praises and instantly we feel happy. Similarly we feel happy when we praise others for their acts of kindness. It makes us feel connected and keeps the communication open. In difficult situations like isolation or recovery there are high chances of feeling alone and stuck or like me frustrated. So the idea is don’t sit there and sulk but act fast
- Thanks for calling dear and checking on me. I feel great and so loved
- Thanks for this tasty food mom. Keep it coming more and let’s try some of the cooking together once this quarantine is finished
- Thanks didi for coming every day and cleaning up for us as it makes us feel fresh
- Thank you for sharing all the traditional recipes and tips for recovery. You are amazing for sharing such a timely piece of information.
Check your mood and bring it back to happy with your happiness anchor
Remind yourself of the happy feeling through pictures or quotes that makes you happy and brings you in your positive zone. You can also choose something like a book that you can read a few lines from, or a paper weight that you can see or touch a few times in the day, or just a bracelet. Make them your happiness anchor. Happiness Anchor is an object that reminds us of good times, happy times. So that when you touch them, read them or feel them you are reminded to check your mood and bring yourself back to feeling happy.